Friday, March 22, 2013

Deciding to Blog

I love reading. I love learning. I love life. 


I've decided to start blogging for three reasons:

  • I love reading and writing! Words are the most powerful thing I've ever encountered.  You can convey and create any emotion/feeling/event with them.
  • I think my life is interesting enough to share with the world (Shameless plug). Plus- I've gained so much from reading about other people, maybe someone will take value in something that I've said on here.
  • 10 years from now, this blog will serve as an written snapshot of my early adulthood. The highs the lows and all the lessons along the way. Reflection is a powerful thing.

Since I was a kid reading has been something that I've loved. I used to read books cover to cover in one sitting. I even belonged to a book club, where books would get mailed to my house each month. (I was a nerd :) )

But thanks to finishing college and grad school, I haven't been interested in reading as many books anymore. (The love is gone y'all lol). My newfound love are blogs. I love blogs! Plus, They're the perfect length for my self diagnosed ADHD.  On any given day I can spend an hour or more reading random blog posts that I find online. I've got at least 10 in my mental blog roll that I've been following for years. (I'll post those later). There's something so interesting about the lives and experiences of real people. 

My attention span is telling me to wrap this post up. Enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment